What to Bring to Your First Appointment with Your Bankruptcy Attorney
The first consultation with a bankruptcy attorney at Jennifer L. Hamey, PC is an informal meeting that will take approximately 30 to 45 minutes. The first consultation is FREE. The attorney will have some documentation for you to fill out upon arrival, so please know the following information and bring the following documentation to your first appointment:
- A copy of a state issued ID or valid driver’s license.
- A copy of a valid social security card.
- A copy of your most recent tax return with all schedules and W-2s.
- General knowledge of monthly household expenses.
- General knowledge of debts owed (don’t need to know exact amounts of what is owed, just the overall origin of who you owe).
- General knowledge of property you own (especially items with substantial worth).
Once you meet with the bankruptcy attorney and fill out the paperwork, the attorney will discuss possible options. Upon completion of the meeting, the attorney will provide a written fee agreement for services and a “materials needed list” for you to gather and return to the office to move forward with filing the bankruptcy petition.
Filing bankruptcy can free you from the stress of debts and give you a blank slate of financial freedom. If you are overwhelmed by debt, we encourage you to learn more about our Florida bankruptcy attorney services and to contact us to schedule your free bankruptcy consultation.